Sunday, March 4, 2012

A Radiant Light


-Heather Weismiller 

Is there something you desire so much that you pray it every day?  It may be about an unsaved family member or friend, about your marriage, health issues, your children, etc.  But what do you pray God will do to change you for His glory?

Here is what John Piper says his life prayer is (from desiringgod.org
 
):

"Make my life a means of people coming to reverence Your name and love Your name and praise and honor and cherish and treasure and glorify Your name."
Here is one from John Piper on George Mueller:

"Help me to choose a strategy of ministry and style of life that puts the reality and trustworthiness and beauty of God on display.  Let me be visible proof of the unchangeable faithfulness of the Lord."

I pray every day, among other things, "Help us (my family and me) to be a joy and a blessing to You and to everyone around us.  Begin a new work of love in me and help my love to overflow more and more!"

In Exodus 33:16, Moses says, "For how then can it be known that I have found favor in Thy sight, I and Thy people?  Is it not by Thy going with us, so that we, I and Thy people, may be distinguished from all the other peole who are upon the face of the earth?"  God never meant us to blend in with the world, in fact we should stick out.  Do people sense the peace of Christ ruling in our hearts?  See the joy of the Lord in our countenance?  Do they see our good works and glorify our Father in heaven?

Pray earnestly and unceasingly for the change you desire for God to make in you and trust Him to answer.  Be the radiant light you were meant to be in this world!

May your light increase more and more...

No comments:

Post a Comment